Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Jeff says , "Twenty years ago, I did not what a reduction was or even how a saute pan worked. I couldn't pronounce foie gras, and I certainly couldn't imagine that one day I'd know how to cook it to perfection" (Henderson   xi). This story is amazing to me, How this brother went from cooking cocane to cooking real food. I can relate to this brother, because i to was once incarcerated . Prison to me was like being thrown away.  Only to find your self realizing who you really are. When i was incarcerated i learned how to bake bread , and pasteries. From a brother name George Green, he was a like skin brother like myself. Not that it mattered whether he was like skin or not. But every one thought that he and i were blood brothers. He was from Hot Springs Arkansas, and i was from Littlerock Arkansas. So right from the begining of this story i can feel this brother. For i didn"t have a clue about baking nothing but a piece of toast. When i met George we was walking around the prison yard on what is call prison yard call. He said brother  Bobby, what kind of job assignment did they give you in what is call classification. I said man they put me on the demolishing crew, thats tearing down unwanted buildings. Caring very heavy cross tires that go on the rail road. George said to me do you want to learn how to bake bread and pies. Please excuse my French, but i said hell yeah! Jeff says,"It was February 2007, just weeks before my first book, Cooked, would be released, and i was getting anxious about how much my life would change. I would be a guest on the Oprah Winfry Show" (Henderson  xi). Wow i know that was very exciting, because i feel butterflys in my stomach as well. In my closing of this blog i feel compelled to write a book on my experience behind enemy line. Thank you for reading this blog.














No comments:

Post a Comment