Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Frankenstein: A family concern

As a parent, you wonder about your children. You start wondering where your children are, what they are doing, are they safe and many more questions come to your mind as a parent. More questions and concerns come to mind as they get older. This is how Victor's father felt when he had not heard from him in months. "I cannot describe to you the uneasiness we have all felt concerning your health" (Shelley 39). Elizabeth wrote Victor a letter explaining the sadness and concerns that not only his father had but his whole family was worried about him. Victor had gotten sick and overcame that illness but his family did not know if he was better or if it got worse over time that they have not talked to him. "Relieve us from this fear, and we shall be the happiest creatures in the world" (Shelly 39). At this point, Victor's family just wants to hear from him. After Victor's mother died, they family especially his father seemed very worried that something else bad that was going to happen, very on edge. So, they did not care if the letter just said I was ok, the family just wanted a response for Victor to say somthing back. As much as our parents get on our nerves or we feel like we do not want to be bothered with them because we are older and we do not have time for them anymore, does not mean they are going stop being parents and stop worrying about their children. Your parents are your parents for the rest of your life.  

3 comments:

  1. So true. Parents can usually sense when something is troubling their child. My mom can usually hear it in my voice over the phone. No matter how old you get, no parent wants to witness their child enduring hardship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness this is so true, my mom will call and ask, " are you Ok" and I dont like to burden her with my problems so i aways stated off by saying yes but she always find a way to get the truth out of me, I just adopted a baby this past week, and I hope I have that skill as well, to be able to sense something is wrong with my child from the other room, the other state or any where around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Victor's family are very worried and uncertain of Victor's troubles, causeing him to be deserted to his home. Victor isolates himself from his society of Geneva that has brought him virtue, merit, and security. Victor was already destined, by his father, to further his education at Ingolstadt. While speaking from the thoughts of his father's determination, Victor states, "my father thought it necessary, for the completion of my education, that I should be made acquainted with other customs than those of my native country" (Shelley 25). Victor was to do his duties from that by his father's word, that was formed under societies norms that would better Victor. Victor became attached in another presence, one that was determination and desire to find answers through knowledge. He became blind by the achievements that would honor himself, his family, and his society. He got so embedded in his quest, that when he failed to do so, and the desire for more knowledge became tranquil to the only thing on his mind. This lead to his most desirable conquest and his worst enemy resulting Vitor to decieve his family and that of his own kind.

    ReplyDelete