Thursday, August 30, 2012

Why Study World Literature

World Literature to me is a very challenging subject. So I decided to write about why we should have to study world literature, or better yet who cares. After sitting and thinking about what world literature mean to me I discovered that without world literature we would be missing the great masterpieces of poetry and novels of writers from the past. World Literature allow us to read and view a world of different cultures and to anaylze different piece. I remember the first day of class Mrs. Baldwin gave the entire class an orange to anaylze or to describe what we thought about the orange. We all had different opinions on what we thought about the orange, from the way it looked, felt, smelled and tasted. I myself had never really observed an orange before in my life so it was a little challenging but I was able to do it. So it is with world literature, we will be analyzing different short stories and learning about the world around us. I can say that my compII class has prepared me for analyzing poems because that's all we did in that class was read short stories of different writers and had to interput what they were talking about. I'm looking forward to discovering more about literature and why I need to know about it.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear that your Comp II class prepared you. You will do well!

    ReplyDelete