Thursday, August 30, 2012

Going Back Is Hard!

I really don't get this whole process yet.  Blogging...Schoolwork on computers...sending your homework through email...It all seems difficult to learn.  I'm going back to school after being out for about 20 years.  I still remember my senior year of typing...not computers...typing.  I know I'm aging myself.  I'm am still learning the whole process of using a computer.  Blog...use a video...or photograph.  How do I get that?  I am willing to learn though.  It's just hard to wrap my brain around.  My kids know more about computers than I do...and they love it.

I enjoy the reading we have done so far, but it is difficult to understand.  I'm not a deep thinker...I'm a simple person who enjoys the simple things...so getting into a book and learning to analyse it seems a little difficult.  I haven't been a reader in the past, but this last year of college is making me one.  I hope I get better at this whole blogging thing.  I have to get things on paper first.  I can bull my way through a paper and make it seem interesting...but I did that in high school...so I won't be doing that this time around.  My girls are planning on mommy making the same grades they do.

Maybe in my next blog I will feel more comfortable about saying something about what we have read...but for now this will have to do.  So the first day of class we examined an orange. What it looks like, feels like, smells like, etc.  I enjoyed eating it!  I hope to start looking at what we are reading in the same way.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you enjoyed eating the orange. Devour the literature in the same way and you will have a full mind and stomach! Feel free to write your thoughts on paper or in a word-processing program before you commit them to the Internet. And get your daughters to subscribe to you blog! How cool would that be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your comment Libby Smith and I want to thank you so much for that...I don't know who you are but I appreciate the enthusiasm in my learning. As for my girls, they love looking at my blogs: "That is so cool mommy!" As for me, I have enjoyed the reading so much. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete